I am a software and infrastructure developer with over ten years experience working with web technologies. I do DevOps.
- Dynamically loading classes from modules in Python
- PGP Keys with a Yubikey and GPGTools
- GNU Parallel or How to list millions of S3 objects
- Analysing Oyster data dumps with Clojure
- Inclusivity and devops
- Puppet: 'could not find class' and metadata.json
- Ten months travelling: UK to India overland by train
- Scratching an itch: why I like programming
- Why TDD isn't dead
- Framework scalability
- Mocking files and file storage for unit testing Django models
Worker for ThoughtWorks as an Infrastructure Developer consultant. DevOps advocate for multiple clients including projects with government, maintaining a complex microservices architecture employing multiple cloud providers and lots of public key cryptography, and a large academic journal publisher, rewriting their primary site and migrating to AWS.
Responsible for development of a lightweight custom PHP service fronted by Varnish to serve high volume traffic. Introduced PHPUnit-based unit testing including running tests and static analysis tools using a Jenkins project and created a monitoring dashboard system using Dashing.
Built with a CakePHP back-end and a custom PHP front-end coupled with Memcached to serve the millions of visitors that the world's number one cycling website receives at peak times.
The UK's number one cycling website built on a custom PHP platform. I implemented an A/B testing framework using Redis and introduced Vagrant-based virtual machines backed by a Puppet configuration used in production.